25 July 2009
Exclusively interested in issues relating to studying and improving breed health. Our goal is obtaining participation in research from Neapolitan owners, breeders, scientists and veterinarians globally regardless of their political affiliations or lack thereof.
"Global Neapolitan Research"
- To identify the specific health problems of the Neapolitan Mastiff
- To provide Health related education for the Neapolitan Mastiff fanciers
- To promote Neapolitan Mastiff breed-specific research projects
- To establish a central breed diseases database available to scientists and support the creation of a longterm Mastino pathologic tissue collection facility
- Create and administer Neapolitan Mastiff Health surveys using scientifically valid questionnaires
- To carry out periodic screening of the published scientific literature for innovative or novel data in order to better understand the nature and potential prevention or treatment of diseases, defects, injuries, and other ailments that afflict dogs in general & Neapolitans in particular